Family

Family

Monday, January 19, 2009

365 Reasons

I am still serving as a counselor in the YW presidency. At our last activity we gave each of the girls a poster board and asked them to write at the top; "365 Reasons to Be Happy". We then told them to think of the things that made them happy in life and to write them on their board. We encouraged them to think of one new thing each day that they could add to their list. By the end of the year, their board should be filled with happiness.

I decided I would take on the challenge and start filling a poster board with happy things. I've put it on the back of my bedroom door and have added a new "reason to be happy" each night. It has been a lot of fun thinking each day, what has made me happy. Some of the things I write down are quite simple, but it is amazing to realize the things that make my list don't come with a price tag. I've also noticed my kids and husband coming in at night to see what I've added to my happiness board.

Here is my list from the last 18 days--In no particular order. I hope I can make it to day 365!

Aaron
Hot Chocolate
Seth
Sleep
Visiting Teaching
Andrea
Naps
Kiana
Hugs
Sunshine
My Mom
Blogs
Pillows
Basketball Games
Slippers
Friends
Family
Flowers

3 comments:

Heather said...

Great idea! I think I will strat this myself! I think it will help keep things in perspective - especially on those really hard days!

Audrey said...

I love this! I should start one! Thanks for sharing!

Audrey said...

I love this! I should start a list of my own! Thanks for sharing!