Family

Family

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Scout Camp


Now that Seth is 12 he was able to attend his first Scout Camp. It was held at Camp Wolfeboro which is located north of Yosemite National Park. He was able to stay for 7days with his scout troop 258 and accomplish several merit badges such as orienteering, first aide, and canoeing. His troop also completed a service project of building a flag pole stand. Aaron was also able to go and stay with the troop for a couple of days--that's how I have all of these fun pictures!

Seth had a great time. One of his favorite memories was playing "Chubby Bunny" by the campfire.

How to play Chubby Bunny: Place as many marshmallows in your mouth as you can and then see if you can say, "Chubby Bunny". Seth was able to fit 7 marshmallows in his mouth--the winner fit in 11!


I'm so glad that Seth was able to attend his first scout camp, but I do admit that it was a little hard for me to let him go. Seth has never been away from home for more than a couple of days. I knew that he was safe and taken care of, but my motherly instincts still wanted to be with him. I guess this is just one of the many pains of letting your children grow up.

1 comment:

aaronalli said...

Chubby Bunnie is a must do on our camping trips. It's much more fun to watch people play than to actually play the game. Glad that Seth had so much fun at camp!