Family

Family

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Girl's Camp 2009

I was able to go to Girl's Camp again as the 3rd level leader. Andrea was in my group this year so we were able to spend a lot of time together. Besides sharing a cozy army tent during the week, we were able to go on an overnight hike together. My dad was also able to go with us on the hike as one of the priesthood. The hike was about six miles round trip and we carried in all of the supplies we needed on our backs--(tents, sleeping bags, food, etc.)

The weather was great, the fire was warm, and the girls were awesome!!!

I'm not much of a camper--I HATE BUGS--but I'm really looking forward to next year and being able to do it all over again! This year was much better than last year--I think maybe because I know what I'm doing now. :)

Andrea and I after our hike--We made it!


This is a picture of the tent we slept in during the week. We pushed the cots together to keep us warm during the night.


Andrea and "Grandpa Rick" on our overnight hike.


Our group taking a break after hiking a steep hill--"We're almost there girls!"


2009--3rd Level Girls ROCK!

1 comment:

Cook Family said...

Man I am really jealous that you got to go. Girls camp was one of my favorite things growing up and I really want to go again. I was camp leader last year and got to plan and get our girls ready, but I was still breast feed my little girl so I didn't get to go. I was bummed.And now they just called me to activity days. so not this year either. Darn.