Family

Family

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Girl's Camp


Yes, I went to girl's camp AGAIN! 
 I just can't seem to stay away! 
 
What makes Girl's Camp the best?  All of the great leaders!
 This year at camp, I was asked to organize and prepare a spiritual challenge for the girls.  This is a time when the girls can go individually or in small groups to learn about the gospel and to feel the spirit.  We have a special cabin that we call the Celestial Sanctuary where the girls can go inside to experience the spiritual message.  This year I prepared a musical slide show quoting Joseph Smith's first vision (Thank you Seth for reading)  I also had a sacred grove I created in the woods where the girls could also go and read the scriptures, feel the spirit, and become closer to their Heavenly Father.
(Below are some slides from the slide show featuring the primary song, A Child's Prayer)
I also made our our staff poster. 
We were the Beekeepers and we focused on the 6 B's spoken of by President Gordon B. Hinckley
 
Last year at Girl's camp we had a special guest named Maude come and visit us. She brought a lot of excited and fun to camp. She not only has an outrageous wardrobe, but a personality to match! This year she brought her Mama with her and invited us to play The Hungry Games (challenges with food). It was one of the many highlights of camp.  I heard a rumor that she may bring her sister with her next year . . . oh the fun they will have!
It looks like the leaders can have fun at camp too.  This year we were able to open the archery range for everyone to use so we took the opportunity to go and give it a try.  I didn't do too bad--actually Cindy blew us all away with her straight shot!
 
I LOVE THESE LADIES! 
It has been an amazing 2 years serving with them.  I am sad that I won't be able to be with them next year, but the fun memories I have of our time at Camp Bountiful will keep me smiling for years to come!


This was Andrea's last year going to Girl's Camp. I feel so lucky to have been at camp with her for 5 of her 6 years. In one more year, Kiana will be able to go to camp and maybe I'll get to experience all of this fun once again.

No comments: