Family

Family

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Here are some pictures of Christmas morning at the Chatfields. The kids have never been early risers on Christmas morning--thank goodness! Maybe because we keep them up so late the night before or because we tell them not to wake us up before seven.

We start our morning reading the nativity story from the bible, while the kids reenact the story using a special nativity set that I save just for Christmas morning. The set was given to me by my mom. We used it when I was kid. You can tell that it has been well used & loved due to the many scratches of paint and the missing donkey's ear and angel's wing.

After a family prayer, the gift giving and opening begins. I've noticed that since we've had kids, my favorite part of Christmas morning is watching them open their presents. I love to see their reactions to the many gifts that have been hiding under my bed or in my closet for months.

A lot of fun things were given & received. The top picks this year were; Aaron & Seth received guns (Ruger 10-22s). Kiana received her very own radio/cd player, Andrea received a new camera, and I received a great new pair of jeans. (They fit perfectly--one of the many benefits of buying your own Christmas gifts)

Grandma Ruth & Grandpa Mike were able to be with us in the morning and enjoy Christmas breakfast with us. In the afternoon we went up to Paradise to have dinner with them. Christmas was great once again and being with family is always the best gift we receive, year after year.


No comments: