Family

Family

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Garden Update

Post Created By: Andrea
Well I got my Birthday wish, a little late, but sometime is better than never. Right now in the back yard the hard work is finally starting to pay off. I have Peas,Watermelon,cucumbers,carrots, and broccoli seeds that were planted in pots about a week ago. Seth also planted sunflower seeds, we transplanted them after they grew and they are doing great. Now my watermelon, peas, and cucumber seeds are starting to sprout! I also planted two tomato plants one cherry and one better boy. They both took really well after being planted and the better boy already has a small green tomato! Along with everything we have planted our strawberry plants are still doing wonderful but having all the berries eaten by ants and the blackberries are growing rapidly with lots of flowers,bees and little green berries everywhere! I have always wanted a big garden and always envied anyone who had one. I guess I learned that if you ask for something enough and its for a good cause you will probably get it. (we are not counting that I got it for a birthday present)
*Tomatoes!


*The little blackberries and flowers


*The pots of seeds
*Seth's Sunflowers

*Baby pea plants












*Little watermelon and cucumber seedlings



*This is a black berry plant that just grew randomly in the middle of the grass about a foot away from the other berries. CRAZY!

3 comments:

Mom/Ruth said...

GREAT JOB Andrea!!!!!! You are a natural for blogging and for growing vegetables. Seths sunflowers look good too. I also like the blog you did with Kianas pictures. How cute! Keep it up!!
Love, Grandma

aaronalli said...

Be careful with those Blackberries... they have a mind of their own when they grow. Hopefully they don't toake over your wonderful garden. Horray! No more Braces:)

Leanne said...

Fantastic!!!! I want some blackberries!!!!!!!